Alternative investments services
HSBC Global Private Banking, in partnership with HSBC Alternative Investments Limited (HAIL) has over 30 years of history in this territory, which has earned us a strong reputation and makes working with us an attractive proposition for investment managers. With $54.3bn1 assets under management, including Private Markets AUM of $26.4bn2 and USD21.5 billion oversight of client HF assets3.
We offer a range of investment choices and services – including commingled funds, customised segregated mandates, Private market funds, and co-investment opportunities.
Source: HSBC Global Asset Management. As of November 2020.
1 As of 30 September 2020. Includes assets under management, advice and oversight, and includes $4.3bn from committed capital (“dry powder”) in Private Markets and Infrastructure Debt. The oversight assets as of 30 September 2020 were $11.4bn. HSBC Alternative Investments Limited (HAIL) provides advice on hedge fund strategy and due diligence to HSBC Global Private Banking which it uses across its client base including non-mandated assets.↩
2 As of 30 September 2020. Includes $3.7bn from committed capital (“dry powder”) in Private Markets.↩
3 HSBC Alternative Investments Limited, as of 30 June 2020. Includes assets under advice, management and oversight.↩
We believe that investment skill can be identified by our global, dynamic, repeatable research process, which helps us to identify the most talented managers across what we consider to be the best strategies globally. Reinforced by our strong industry relationships, we seek to combine our industry experience and investment skill to capture select managers during their best periods and avoid unrewarded risk.
Our conviction-led approach is driven by investment performance and the needs of our clients. We have a long history of identifying and working with what we consider to be ‘best-in-class’ managers, and we focus on identifying exclusive opportunities that we believe will deliver returns that reward an illiquidity premium.
We seek to bring our clients institutional-calibre real estate investment opportunities that leverage our expertise and HSBC's global network. Our philosophy is to bring our clients as close to the assets as possible, either through club deals or partnerships with what we consider to be ‘best-in-class’ managers.
- Alternative investments may not be suitable for all clients
- It is important to note that the capital value of, and income from, any investment may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested.
- Investors in alternative investments should bear in mind that these products can be highly speculative and may not be suitable for all clients
- Investors should ensure they understand the features of the products and fund strategies and the risks involved before deciding whether or not to invest in such products
- Such investments are generally intended for experienced and financially sophisticated investors who are willing to bear the risks associated with such investments, which can include: loss of all or a substantial portion of the investment; lack of liquidity in that there may be no secondary market for the fund and none may be expected to develop; volatility of returns; prohibitions and/or material restrictions on transferring interests in the fund; absence of information regarding valuations and pricing; delays in tax reporting; key man and adviser risk; limited or no transparency to underlying investments; limited or no regulatory oversight; and less regulation and higher fees than mutual funds
- You should consult your professional advisers before investing
- All decisions regarding the tax implications of your investments should be made in connection with your independent tax adviser